Saturday, October 27, 2012

Progress Report 16: Paperbacks sent, audiobook in review


What a day! I spent nine hours yesterday and today organizing and shipping the paperback packages. Everyone who gave me their address should expect their package by first class parcel post in the coming weeks. People from all over the world ordered copies, so I'm sorry that I can't give estimates! In general, I was told to expect 2~3 weeks to reach other countries, and then it depends on customs and that country's postal system. Not quite as fast as I'd hoped, but it would have cost far more money than I had to send them any faster. As it is, I covered the extra shipping costs myself on behalf of the backers.

It was an interesting and somewhat fun experience, but I almost certainly won't be doing it again!

In other news, today I received an edited/mastered copy of the audiobook to review! I've only listened to the first couple of chapters, but it sounds phenomenal. I'm going to begin again with the paperback in hand and follow along to check for errors. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the entire book by the end of the weekend!

The thing is, I have hearing problems, so I won't be able to do anything else while reviewing it, and it'll probably take me about twice the actual length of the audio to listen to it. Even so, I'm hoping to get through all of it by Monday. I'll keep you all updated!

Finally, every non-time sensitive backer who has responded to my survey has received their rewards! I still don't want to rush anyone; I just want to be sure that I deliver rewards ASAP after receiving the responses. If you haven't heard back from me and/or feel concerned, please do feel free to contact me any time!

For now, though, I'm off to work on proofing the audiobook!

No comments:

Post a Comment