Monday, August 27, 2012

Progress Report 9: Final Draft



I'm sorry that I've been away for more than a week. I've been up to my ears in editing and formatting. However, as the progress bar indicates, I've gotten a lot done since I last posted!

All but two images have been formatted and inserted into the document; the final two will be complete very soon. All of the edits are complete. Now that I've contacted people several times, I'm going to consider the "Acknowledgments" reward completely filled, since I assume those who haven't yet responded would rather not be listed. (Hence the jump in rewards.)

What remains (in approximate chronological order):

  • Sending the review backer the advance copy.
  • Contacting the audiobook company with the final draft to begin negotiations. (Update: Just did so, and am awaiting their response.)
  • Including the review backer's review on the back cover.
  • The last two pictures for the novel. (After I receive them, I'll format them and finish the final pdf.)
  • Ordering a draft print of the paperback.
  • Formatting the mobi and epub versions of the ebooks.
  • Sending the ebooks to backers. (For this, I'll probably need to arrange a proper downloading method.)
  • Sending out surveys to inquire about short stories and other rewards.
  • Releasing the books to the general public.
  • Filling other rewards.
This is somewhat simplified, of course. But I've been hard at work, and I suspect that the books may actually be finished ahead of schedule. I don't want to make any promises along those lines, though, because the draft print could go horribly awry (or backers might not respond to surveys, making it impossible to fulfill their rewards).

In any case, I am most of the way done with fulfilling rewards, and I am pretty well ahead of my original schedule. I can't wait to see this book in print!

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. (For example, if you still want your name in the Acknowledgments, you'll have to let me know soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment