Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Changes and Updates



For the first time since beginning this blog, it's been just over a week since my last post. I built in some buffer time into my plans for the book, fortunately; two of the people editing for me are about a week behind, and they've promised to send me their revisions by the end of the week at the latest.

I've been doing a fair amount of work, anyway; I made a few big changes, renamed some places and characters, and even set about renaming the books themselves. These aren't changes that I can describe in detail just yet, since it would give away parts of the book, but they aren't changes that I can take lightly, either. The book, setting, and characters have had their names for more than half of my life at this point, which made this rather more arduous a process than I would have liked.

So, those who read the sample, you may have some momentary confusion with the different names, but I hope that it'll make the books overall much more readable and enjoyable.

On another note, most of the book art is complete! The action scene, the four interaction scenes, the six character concept art sketches (each with two poses), and three of the six setting concept art sketches are in their final forms. I'm still waiting on two maps and three more setting sketches, but those will be finished in due time.

Between the edits, the art, and the other progress I've made, I'm now more than 50% of the way finished! Once I get you all your ebooks, I'll be able to send out surveys asking for your other rewards.

Oh! Just as I was about to submit this post, I actually got an email from the audiobook people--I may be able to actually move forward with the audiobook production! I'll try to figure it out and let you all know what's up as soon as I can! From what they've just said, though, things are looking rather promising indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment