Saturday, June 16, 2012

Progress Report 2: Funds

First of all, sorry to disappear for a few days; there wasn't much to report, and it was also my twenty-third birthday, so I wound up spending most of my time offline.

Today, though, I do have something to report: Amazon released my funds!

Unfortunately, it looks like it'll take another week or so for the funds to actually hit my bank account, and I have an invoice due Monday for one of my artists, so that's going to have to come out of my savings until I can reimburse myself. I guess that I plunged into choosing artists a bit quickly! (But I'm loving the art I've seen, seriously. I hope all of my readers enjoy it just as much!)

Also, I've been trading my book with other writers so that we can edit each others' drafts, and some of my friends who have worked as professional editors are also editing my book right now.

Other than that, the only thing that I have to report is that I've already got a fair number of pre-orders for the paperback; each preorder comes with some bonus stuff and is at a reduced price, which I think will be pretty exciting. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to maximize funds so that everyone can get the best stuff in their preorder boxes!

I wish I could just plunge into your postcards, short stories, and trivia facts right now, but I have to wait for you to read the book first! Ah well. I'll have more time to pour into them once this book is in order, I hope!

No word yet from Open Book Audio about the audiobooks. I still have my fingers crossed.

As always, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have ideas, requests, questions, or even just want to talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment