Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sneak Preview: 3D Model

Jeff Miller finished the 3D sculpt of one of the monsters in the first book! He was kind enough to animate it for me; I've turned the movie he sent me into a looping gif that I've placed below the cut! (Note: I cropped the original video to make it fit better below.)

What I love about the idea of a 3D model is its versatility. I could have commissioned a still shot of just the Haubonalyr, but--for the level of detail I wanted--the cost wouldn't have been significantly different. One scene illustration from the book will include the Haubonalyr, but not as its sole focus. 

***



I'm going to try printing a test model of this using Sculpteo. Who knows--you may be able to buy physical copies of this model if it turns out well enough! (Unfortunately, 3D printing is still pretty pricey, so we'll have to see.)

Now, I've got to get back to editing! I hope you enjoyed the sneak preview. Is there anything else you'd like to get a preview of?

No comments:

Post a Comment