Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Short Stories

I've been working on some short stories, and I'm hoping that working in other genres will develop my writing skills as a whole. At the moment, when not working on the third book in the series, I'm focusing on a small bundle with three pieces of flash fiction (altogether about 5200 words long). I'll be offering a copy of this bundle to my backers; it'll be waiting in the dropbox along with their copies of the ebook and possibly a couple of other short stories.

I've also been going over the short stories that interconnect with my series, and I'm thinking of releasing them one by one when they're no longer spoilers, then compiling them into one big book after all of the series has concluded. That would mean less waiting for readers between books, which might be a real benefit! It depends on what readers prefer, of course; I have several of the stories ready right now, but they have spoilers through the end of the second book, so I can't share them just yet.

As it is, though, I'm hard at work on the third book in the series and trying to produce as much quality work as I can! I've ordered the final proof copy to double check all of the details, and I have things set up so that I can send my readers their copies of the ebooks at any time. I'd send the ebooks out now, but I want to take a look at the proof first if at all possible. I want the ebook and paperback to be as similar as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment